Pages

Shabby blogs background

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

H1N1 shots and today's Thanks

Out here in South Delta there was a Flu Clinic yesterday. I missed the previous one and was starting to feel quite guilty about not getting the kids immunized against H1N1. We are pretty sure Marley had it at the end of September but figured we'd better get everyone done anyway. Well ... what a pullava (not sure if I'm spelling that right - it's an word my parents used to mean "production", "chaotic", "big deal")!! The clinic was running from 1 - 7PM so I figured after lunch we'd go grocery shopping then get our shots and come home for LC's nap etc. Easy peasy, right? Ha! We entered the lineup at 2:20 and re-entered the van at 4:00! The girls were SO good in the line! No tantrums. No whining ... okay, not too much whining! At one point Paige had to go to the bathroom and Marley was left to watch LC and keep our spot and ROCKED IT!! She's so awesome a big sis! I don't praise her nearly enough. Paige had a complete freak out which was partly my fault for not holding her on my lap from the very beginning. Somehow I forget how little she still is! But ice creams at McDonalds afterward helped smooth things over! Ah, McDonalds!

So we are all protected ... except for Greg ... and a bit sore. LC actually slept last night! She was SO tired by the time we got home. She missed her afternoon nap and hadn't nursed since 11AM so she slept from 5 - 7:30, got up for a bite of dinner and was back in bed by 8:20pm. Then she was up at 11:30 and 3:30. That's what I call a good night! She has to get dose #2 in 3 weeks and I will eventually try to convince the older girls to get the regular flu shot later (THAT should be fun!) but for now, we are done.

Today I am thankful for ...
... scientists who work hard to protect us ...
... my wonderful, brave girls ...
... coffee (I'm feeling particulary sluggish this morning!)

No comments:

Post a Comment