Pages

Shabby blogs background

Saturday, December 19, 2009

6 More sleeps!

I can not believe it's less than a week until Christmas! Where did the time go? Are you wondering what has been going on in the Day household? Let me fill you in ...

We had our 3rd Annual Christmas Open House here on the 12th. Thanks to everyone who came and made it another big success! It is always hectic getting ready for it but seeing all our friends and family makes it all worthwhile. Unfortunately, I was so busy having fun that I forgot to take pictures ... my bad! Maybe I'll remember next year!! I'm in total "hate" with our digital camera at the moment so it's doubtful any pictures would actually have turned out! Anyone have a great digital SLR camera they'd care to recommend? I've been looking at the Canon Rebel lately and my sister-in-law just got one for Christmas. I may have to revise MY list to Santa!!

On the 13th we were supposed to head out to Chilliwack to visit with one of my brothers' and his family but it started snowing here so we wimped out and stayed home. The girls had had two late nights and were showing signs of it (read: whining, tears, more fights than usual) so we figured fighting snowy roads for 2 hours both ways maybe wasn't such a good idea. I took a bit of ribbing from my brother - we grew up in Prince George so driving on snow shouldn't be a problem for me! And it's not. Driving in snow in the Lower Mainland with Lower Mainland drivers who don't know how to drive in snow IS a problem!!

Marley was in her very first Christmas Concert on the 15th so that was an exciting day! She normally attends Kindergarten in the morning but due to the afternoon performance got the morning off. Paige had preschool though so we picked her up, went through the McDonalds drive through and then it was time to drop Marley off. Is it insane to line up at 12:10 for a 1:00pm performance? Maybe, but we got good seats! Here are a few pics from my crappy camera ...

Paige, LC and I waiting for things to get going (along with one of Paige's friends) ...














After Marley's class sang their two songs (I tried to take video and will post a link to my Picasa site when it's up), the whole group of them (K-4) sang a finale song. Marley was so cute! She's such a performer!! She sang her little heart out, did the actions and was just 100% "into it". Maybe drama classes are in her future ...







So that was pretty exciting and I was looking forward to some quieter days but .... sigh .... that was not to be. Marley came down with a bad cold that kept her home from school the next two days. But we needed to get some Christmas shopping done so I took the girls to Richmond Centre (colds be darned!) Marley and Paige got to hang out with some Elves, join in on Santa's Elf Inspection and meet Santa up close and personal. Paige did so well!! She's generally terrified of anyone in a costume - especially Santa! - so to see her dancing a pirouette for Santa and giving him a high five really warmed my heart. And wouldn't you know it, my camera was safe at home! Grr!!

The rest of the day was not so much fun. We discovered lice in Marley's hair. Yuck! Ick! Gross!! We had been advised of an instance of head lice in her classroom early in the school year but she'd been checked twice at school so we figured we were home free. Nope! I initially tried a home remedy (trying to be a little Green and all) but it didn't totally work and just left Marley's hair greasy and smelling strongly of vinegar (to this day!) So I made a frantic phone call to a doctor friend (thank you, thank you, thank you!) which led to a late stop at London Drugs to pick up some medicated shampoo. Then the real fun began ... stripping of bedding, clothes, stuffies, jackets! You name it, it went into the washing machine. Poor Paige has had to sleep without her favourite stuffy these last few days but I think they can all come out of quarantee tomorrow! It was a lot of work and the Ick Factor was pretty high but we are all lice free now and feeling SO much better!!

Thursday the 17th was Paige's Preschool Christmas Party for which I was the duty parent. Santa stopped by and after an initial nervousness, she calmed down enough to go up to him to get her present and have her picture taken. What a trooper!! Of course, I forgot my camera again! That afternoon LC went for her 6 month shots (yes, I know she's almost 9 months but hey, she's kid #3 ... I'm busy!!) and the second half of the H1N1 vaccine. She was also a trooper!

Friday was Marley's Christmas Party for Kindergarten and even though she wasn't feeling 100% I let her go to school. I wanted her to participate in the party. She'd worked hard to make cards for all her friends so I didn't want to deny her the chance to pass them out. Her teacher said she basically crashed at around 10:30 but refused to let her call me. That's my party girl!! That afternoon we had quiet fun playing with these Imagination Kits I picked up at a craft fair in November. I'm not sure I'd buy them again - or at least, not until the girls were older. Considering all the stuff inside them, there seemed to be little they could actually make! I had higher expectations. The girls had fun though which is the whole point I suppose so maybe they were worth it afterall!

Here they are hard at work ...



And Paige's creations ... (don't ask me what they are, I'm sure only she knows!)



And Marley's ...



And I couldn't resist throwing this one of LC into the mix. She had fun crawling around under the table picking up old Cheerios and other crumbs. Who need a dog, I say?!



Today we were at Greg's sisters place for the Day gift exchange but this post is already way too long so I'll leave that post for another day. That'll give me more time to download the pics too!

Thanks for reading!
Today I am thankful for ...
... no more lice ...
... family ...
... cousins close by that my girls can grow up with.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment