Pages

Shabby blogs background

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Catching up ... still.


Dec 25th - The Stockings!

Greg's parents came over from the Island on Christmas Eve and we had our traditional Appetizer Dinner. Forgot to get pictures of that though. Next morning ... and I use that word loosely. In MY mind, 5:50AM is still night time. Or should be anyway!!! Sigh. Greg and I are now wondering exactly how old the girls have to be before we let them come downstairs on their own to devour their stockings while allowing us a few more precious hours (?) of sleep! But I digress ...
Christmas morning Marley and Paige were a WEE bit excited that Santa had visited and once Grandma and Grandpa came downstairs we let them go nuts on their stockings.


And then LC woke up ... Greg only looks like that 'cus we were up at 5:50AM. Did I mention that already?!



LC was a little overwhelmed but luckily, Marley and Paige knew JUST what do with her stocking!






By the end I think LC had it figured out too!

Dec 25th - The Main Event!!
After a breakfast of Land of Nod Cinnamon Buns (Best of Bridge - you've really got to check them out!), we attacked the pile under the tree. Greg and I cashed in our Save-on-More points and got the girls a Wii this year which was supposed to mean that there would be fewer presents under the tree. Somehow our little plan had a minor flaw - our generosity to each other!! LOL! Oh well, could be worse!



Some other highlights were ... Greg's "Dad" pajama bottoms ... Marley's new Webkinz from Paige & LC ...


... Paige's new jewelry box from Marley and LC (she hasn't let it out of her sight since!! To say she loves it is a MAJOR understatement!) ... LC got the same spinny toy she loved to play with at her cousin Griffin's and her very own baby doll to chew ... I mean, LOVE ...




Somehow there are no pictures of me opening any of my fantastic presents (hmmm ...) but Greg very generously gave me (and the rest of the family) the Wii Fit along with Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum for the Wii. I realize it's traditional to make resolutions for the new year ON New Year's but I typically make them at Christmas. Or in the case of my on going battle with my weight, every day!! Hawaii and bathing suits are coming up quickly though so all the help I can get is appreciated! So far I love the Wii Fit! I haven't set up the Jillian Michael's disc yet but it looks tough enough to kick my butt back into shape. I did a workout on the Wii today and let me tell you ... I feel it!!
Well, it's late and I think I'd like to go to bed ... after I throw another load into the wash. I'll continue with the story of our Christmas day tomorrow. Hope you enjoy what I've posted so far.

Today I am grateful for ...
... Greg ...
... fathers-in-law that read my blog and see a Christmas present opportunity (coffee!! Lol!) ...
... time to play games with my girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment