Pages

Shabby blogs background

Friday, January 29, 2010

Is it Spring already?

I went for a run yesterday and noticed some crocusses in bloom and thought "isn't it still January?!" We have been having an incredibly mild winter this year (El Nino to the max!) which is nice if you aren't a fan of cold and snow (me!!) but not so nice if you're trying to organize a large event that requires snow, like say ... oh, I don't know ... the Olympics!!! Our average temp this month is something like 7 (Celsius). Anyway, long story short, I thought I'd look in my garden and see what (if anything) was going on.

Here is what I found ...
My Hydrangea bush ...


... some crocus and (I can't remember the name of the other flower - isn't that terrible!) bulbs peaking through their leafy blanket ...


... a big old something or other!

Let's hope we don't get a cold snap or I will have no flowers this spring!!

Today I am thankful for ...
... warm weather to run in ...
... Ibuprofen (ran Tuesday, did a spin class Wednesday and ran yesterday - knee SORE!!) ...
... a 4.5 hours stretch of sleep last night! (don't worry, I know it won't last!)

No comments:

Post a Comment