Pages

Shabby blogs background

Sunday, January 24, 2010

LC is 10 months old!

Here's where there would usually be a picture of LC .... but due to technical difficulties with my brand spanking new Rebel T1i, the pictures are trapped. As soon as I figure out how to get the software installed properly and the pics downloaded I'll post some. Anyone willing to pop over and troubleshoot my Dell?! GRRR!!!!  My next laptop/computer is SO going to be a Mac!!!

... a bit later ... I found a work-around. Yay me!! There are now pictures in this post!!! Just keep reading!

So ... what can LC do at 10 months? She is still cruising around like crazy on the furniture and walls. She's gotten so good she now only needs one hand to hold on. Paige started walking at about this age so it could be any time now. We've nicknamed her Trouble as her mobility generally helps her find things to cause trouble with ... like emptying the diaper bag/my wallet/my purse, checking out the wine bottles on the wine rack in the dining room (actually moving them and sucking on the ends!), emptying out the plastic containers/water bottles from the pantry, getting into the older girls' pencil crayons and papers ... you get the idea. But then she flashes you her toothy grin and your heart melts! It's a good thing she's so cute!!!

Here's a picture of some of the "trouble" LC get's into ...



Speaking of toothy grins, she got two new teeth this past month. Her top two middle teeth came in so now she spends a lot of time grinding them against her bottom two teeth. Lovely!! She had a lot of trouble with these teeth (read: sleepless nights for Mum and Dad!) so we're hoping the next ones will be easier. So far things are not looking promising!!

This is a nice closeup of LC - you can just see her top teeth! Really ... look closely!


Here's a better shot of those teeth ...




She's also continuing her accident prone streak (definitely Greg's kid!!). After the eye injury in December - that has left her permanently scarred, poor girl - she has so far hit her mouth causing it to bleed (while we were at the Passport office no less!) skinned the side of her nose (on a garbage can - don't ask), and just yesterday fell at the preschool and bumped both the back of her head AND her forhead at the same time! How you ask? She was holding onto one of the little chairs, fell back hitting her head and then the chair fell on top of her hitting her forehead!! And THEN one of the older kids accidentally stepped on her fingers as she was crawling around! But that wasn't the extent of her rough and tumble day yesterday. I was on the computer here in the dining room and she was playing with (read: destroying) my scrapbooking stuff when she misjudged where the chair was and fell face first into it's leg. Yup, more bruises on her face - this time on her cheek. I tell you, she's going to be so tough by the time she reaches school!

 You can just barely see the bruise on her forehead from the preschool chair incident (this pic was taken BEFORE the dining room chair incident) and the mark on the side of her nose from the garbage can incident. Oh, and the scar in the corner of her eye! Yup, that's our girl!!



I don't have a height and weight for her but she continues to outgrow clothes at an alarming rate so I'm guessing she's still 95th percentile for height! She babbles up a storm, can sort of sign "more" and "all done" and did something one day that I swear was "daddy"! Her blanket (thank you Aunty Shalan) continues to be her favourite comfort item and sleep isn't possible without it and her thumb. Not sure what would happen if we ever lost it!



Well, I think I've gushed enough about daughter #3. I'm going to try again to download those pictures again so hopefully I'll get them posted tonight too.

Today I am thankful for ...
... computer literacy ...
... my 3 monkeys ...
... MarioKart and it's power to bring Greg to his knees!! (that's a whole other post though!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment