Pages

Shabby blogs background

Saturday, April 3, 2010

More Pages for Marley's Baby Album

My scrapping Mojo continues!! I'm not sure how I'm getting all these layouts done and still managing to cook, clean, change diapers, etc ... maybe I should ask Greg if I'm actually managing to DO all those things! LOL! Sometimes the pages come easily and I can bang out a few really quickly. Sometimes it's like pulling teeth to get a layout to come together! These 3 pages came together fairly quickly. Well ... that's not totally true I guess. I started the first ones at the Crop I attended last month but because I wasn't feeling too good (remember my stomach flu episode?) I couldn't get my head around it and the beginnings of the layout stayed in my bag until yesterday. Then with a quick change of background cardstock, it all fell into place.


Blogger seems to acting up so I'm not too sure how these pictures are going to arrange themselves once I publish this. Grrr! They are detail shots of the above layout about our trip to Osoyoos (in 2004) for the August long weekend to celebrate my Aunt's 70th birthday. My brother and his family came too and my nephew declared his love for his cousin Marley with a great big smooch! This picture is SO going to show up at his wedding!! 

I have also decided to enter this into Practical Scrappers challenge this week which is to use rub-ons. I received a whole lot of rub-ons in a blog candy win a while back that I have slowly been using up. I applied a whole pile to the bare section in my layouts and then on one side but the journalling block over top, and on the other put some pictures over top. I like the effect of the flowers peaking out from behind! I also applied the word (and definition for) KISS above the picture of Marley getting kissed by her cousin. I tried to take a close up of it but it was all glarey so didn't use it.

The next page is using the quilting technique that I've seen all over the place and loved. It was a tiny bit complicated to set up but once I figured out where the squares were going it was pretty easy to stick them down and finish the rest. I thought about adding a bunch of bling (buttons, flowers, what have you) but decided to just keep it fairly simple. Sometimes it's nice to have a clean looking layout!

Trying to show that the picture and the journalling block are popped up ...

Well, thanks for tuning in to see more of Marley's 1st year of life. Hopefully this good scrapping mojo continues for a bit and I can get more of her album finished! For today though I must pack up my scrap area as once again we are having people for dinner and will need the dining room!!

Happy Easter everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment