Pages

Shabby blogs background

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Project 12 Catchup!

Okay, I'll start this post with a warning ... PHOTO HEAVY!!!
All right, now that you're sitting comfortably, let's begin.
During my Direct Studies Scrapping Hiatus, I had to put my Project 12 away. It was REALLY hard not to attempt something with the fabulous PageMaps sketches!! Now that I am PDS and scrapping again I was excited to pull out the sketches and my Project 12 bin and attack it! I'm pretty organized (no, really!) and orderly (seriously, I AM!!) so instead of jumping to June which is the month that's due in a few days, I had to start where I left off with April. Here's where you can find the sketch and here is my finished layout.


Funny story though ... I had a minor disaster happen while putting this together. Beneath the pictures on the right hand side I originally planned to stamp the number 4 with an arrow but when I stamped the 4, this happened ...

 
ACK!!! It turned out that my layout was half off my cutting mat so the stamp couldn't lay flat. Sheesh!! I'm pretty new to this whole stamping thing so I said some pretty nasty things and jumped around for a bit before coming up with the fix of using one of my journalling tags overtop of the bad stamp job (see below). It worked and with some extra butterflies and strawberries, you can barely tell anything went amiss!

Here is the left hand side ...

... and the right hand side.

A couple close ups.

 
Products used: all patterned paper is from Martha Stewart's Heirloom Pad; cardstock is from my stash (can't remember the brand); red flowers are from my stash of embellishments (I think I made them when I was playing around with my Cuttlebug many many months ago); red butterflies are also from my stash but the lighter patterned ones are new and made with the Marvy butterfly punch out of the inbetween bits of the strawberry patterned paper that I cut the strawberries out of - from DCWV Nanas Nursery Baby Girl pad; brown felt flower is AC Greenhouse felt flowers; ribbon is from Michaels Celebrate It; large alpha's are Making Memories Shimmer Jigsaw in white; numbers are AC Thickers Roller Rink in Glitter; Journal tag is Pebbles Inc Share & Tell in Chocolate brown (originally 4x6 but I cut off part of the bottom to make it fit).


Next month was May in which Greg and I always fight over Mother's Day vs. his birthday. Last year they fell on the same day!! Yuck! This year they were on consecutive days and I spent Mother's Day running 10K then recovering from the shock of it!! LOL! Greg turned 40 this year so we had a party the following weekend and he got all the attention he could handle! I wanted to devote one half of the layout to him in recognition of this milestone. Here is Becky's sketch and here is my finished layout.


I tried to keep the paper placement as true to the sketch as I could but I always seem to have more pictures that I want to use than the sketches call for so I have to play around with their placement quite a bit.

Here is the left hand side ...

... and the right hand side.

Some close ups.
I had this empty space just crying out for something but I couldn't figure out what and then the cluster of buttons just sort of happened and I love it!


Products used: as above for the patterned paper, cardstock, large alphas, journalling tag and felt flowers; ribbon is from Michaels - Celebrate It Dashes, Dots & Checks; buttons are Making Memories Paperie buttons in poolside; larger buttons (on the flowers) are from my stash; small brown numbers are Recollections in bittersweet.

Finally June! Again, I used more pictures than the sketch called for but ... what the heck! Here is the sketch and here is my finished layout.

The left hand side ...

... and the right hand side.

Some close ups.
I needed something to fill this corner and found this pink net in a pad of fabric swatches I'd bought at Micheals for a laugh. I think it works and I quite like it. I may work with fabric on my layouts more!!


Products used: as above for the patterned paper, cardstock, large alphas, and felt flowers; numbers are from my stash (can't remember the make anymore); pink and brown butterfly are Stampin'Up and from a blog candy win from my friend Sandra - Stamper on the 'Shore; the pink net is from a pack of K&Company fabric swatches I found in the discount bin at Michael's; the brads are Basic Grey as are the chipboard stickers; the swirly things are from my stash and the crystals are from Michael's.


Well, thanks for making it all the way through that!! Hope you like my work. Check out the Project 12 contest here and here.

3 comments:

  1. These are fabulous. You've really been hard at work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for catching up on these! Great P12 Pages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab idea to do monthly pages, I love these! I think we can all relate to botched stamping or messed up journalling on layouts... that's what flowers and journalling cards are for - cover-ups, LOL!!

    Thanks so much for joining in the blog hop at Design Dollies, and for visiting my blog along the way :)

    ReplyDelete