Pages

Shabby blogs background

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Sketchy Thursday - Parks and Bunnies

Sketchy Thursday challenged everyone to a double page layout (my personal favourite kind of layout!) and since I'm all PDS (Post Directed Studies) and stress free (sort of) I took on the challenge. Here is my two-page layout :


Yes, I'm still working on Marley's baby album ...
These pics were taken in Victoria when we took Marley there for a long weekend in November 2004. Greg's parents live near the University of Victoria which is completely over run by bunnies - the bane of most residents and the delight of my daughters!! Here Marley got her first taste of chasing the bunnies! There are also pictures of her at the play area at Beacon Hill Park. The ones of her in the train are just too cute!!

The sketch shows circles in the lower left and upper right which I didn't notice until I'd started putting everything together. So I decided to draw them in. I quite like the effect. I kept the embellishments simple this time and in fact used fewer than is shown in the sketch. But I felt the paper was so busy that I wanted to keep the rest of the layout pretty simple.


Well that's all for now. We are off to Point Roberts to watch a 4th of July Parade! Happy Birthday USA!

Supplies: cardstock from DCWV Neutrals stack; all patterned paper from MME glittered paper stack; white photo matte is from BG basics white; journalling lines is a Studio Calico stamp and I used chocolate brown ink from Craft Smart; ribbon is Celebrate It from Michael's and the alphas are Recollections in bittersweet.

3 comments:

  1. I like how you made the large picture from 4 smaller pictures. I am still working on scrapbooking previous years and figure I'll never catch up!

    I played along this week too at Sketchy Thursday too.
    http://lisasmith1019.blogspot.com/2010/07/christmas-08.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GORGEOUS!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE how you used four photos for the big one and loving the journaling!! Thanks sooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete