Pages

Shabby blogs background

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Project 12 - October 2010

It's hard to believe that this is my 10th post for this project! Two more months/layouts to go and I will have one more completed project under my belt.

Yay!!

Okay, here goes ... the sketch we were given was ...

... and here's what I came up with.

I got so motivated last month that I actually picked the base papers, the striped bit along the bottom and cut out the circle before putting away my supplies. It made it pretty easy this month to pick the pictures and then the embellishments. I think I may have to do that again ... oops too late! I've already packed up my Project 12 bin! I have a very good reason for that which I will talk about at the end of this post. :)

A couple of comments about my process this month ... if I may! It's hard to tell from the picture above, but that black strip along the bottom is actually a sequined ribbon that I came across in my stash. I was looking for a blue ribbon to compliment the blue journalling strip but ... somehow this one was a better fit. The striped paper and the leaf paper are Bella Blvd (FINALLY got to use some Bella!) and when I went looking for some blue embellishments to tie in the blue journalling strip, I came across the oak leaf and the "Fall Fun" title sticker. Once those were added the layout really seemed complete.
The sketch shows lots of stitching lines but while I have been known to sew in the past (fabric, not paper), currently my sewing machine is dead and buried (in the garage under about a ton of cobwebs!) so I got creative. I used my circle templates and drew on the "stitches" with pen. I was pretty nervous to start drawing all over the pictures but figured, if it didn't work I could always reprint them. Once I'd finished though I really liked how it looks!

Here is a close up of the left hand side ...

... and the right hand side.


Well, there you have it. Another month done! This has been such a fun project. During Marley's stint as Star of the Week at school, she took the album in for sharing. I didn't hear any comments about it but just the fact that I have created something that allows the girls to quickly and easily share what life is like in our family is so neat! I'm definitely signing up to do this again in 2011!!

So ... I cryptically made mention to another project that I'm getting ready for. It's entirely possible that with this one I will have bitten off more than I can chew but ...
I'm going to do a December Daily a la Ali Edwards.
Yikes!!
In my quest to live more in every moment - especially with my kids -  and to document our lives, I am going to undertake this project this year. Last year I made the girls an Advent Calendar with the intention that each drawer would hold things besides chocolates. Things like "let's make cookies today" or "let's decorate the house" ... you get the idea. I see this working really well in conjuction with the December Daily project.
The idea of the December Daily is to save emphemora throughout the month as well as document in photos what life is like in the run up to Christmas. Some people document all 31 days of December, Ali only does the first 25. I am undecided but will prep up to Dec 25th and if I decide to add on later, I will.
Currently I have spread out all the "fixin's" of my album on the dining room table (gosh, I have a lot of Christmas supplies!!) and am waiting for a few (relatively uninterrupted) hours to start compiling. Today is a Stat, tomorrow Greg has taken a vacation day and Monday he has a Flex day so hopefully somewhere in those 5 days I will be able to find time to do this!! Once I have the shell together I will post pictures and come December I will attempt to blog more regularly and give you updates.

Okay, off to Costco. Thanks for checking in with me today!

2 comments:

  1. What a totally fun page! Love the silhouetted pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how your worked the circles on this one. I think it looks good as a smaller patterned paper circle.

    ReplyDelete