Pages

Shabby blogs background

Friday, March 4, 2011

5 on Friday - March 4

I can't believe it's Friday again already! Here are my 5 random things for this week ...

1. Balloon Girl

I downloaded my camera yesterday (in preparation for this post) and found some forgotten pictures of LC from after the party last Saturday. She got it into her head that dancing with the balloon bouquets was a good idea! Crazy girl!!


Don't worry, we were able to free her! Although ... maybe we were a bit hasty. She's rapidly approaching her 2nd birthday (no, I am not planning a big party for her) and is in full blown "Terrible Twos". Makes me really wish I had a job outside the home that would neccessitate someone else having to deal with her every now and then!!

2. Snow Days

I don't think I mentioned it but it snowed all day last Saturday. Marley was in heaven! "It's snowing on my birthday!!!!" You get the idea. Greg and I were just worried it would disrupt the party or his plans to take her to the Canucks game later. This is the soft West Coast afterall where a single snowflake has the ability to shut down the entire Lower Mainland!
But before I digress onto an ex-Prince George gal rant about Vancouverites and their driving abilities (or lack thereof) in snow ... let me share some pictures of how the girls enjoyed the little bit of snow that stuck around. This was early Sunday morning and as you may or may not be able to tell, the snow is already rapidly melting. It was gone by the next day.



They were all wet and tired by the time Grandma and Grandpa Day arrived at 10:00am to celebrate Marley's birthday. Everyone was supposed to come over at 3-ish but due to the previously mentioned snow and West Coast driver freakouts er, concerns, Grandma, Grandpa, Auntie Christine and the boys came over early and were gone by 3 and then my brother Andrew and family came later for dinner. It allowed for a very rare one on one visit with the Campbell's which was really nice.

3. OLW - March prompt

This month Ali has challenged up to Act. As in, choose one action, choose a date and write it down. Commit to it. See what I'm talking about here.
I spent some time on Tuesday trying to finish up my February assignment (capturing my word in picture) but got distracted, frustrated and generally ticked off so I put it aside intending to come back to it later.
It's now later ...

I really don't know why I'm stalling. I guess I'm not as ready to "release" certain things as I thought.
I'll keep working on this and let you know.

4. Lost; one scrapping mojo, if found please return ASAP!

I admit it, I'm in a scrapping slump. I have a half finished layout on my table right now that is driving me nuts! It's about Marley's party for which I specifically bought a set of Rock Star themed sticker embellishments. But it is just not gelling for me. All the lessons I learned through the "Embracing Imperfection" workshop have been thrown out the window! I am taking too long. I am second and third (and fourth) guessing my choices. I keep moving elements around the page trying to find the "perfect" spot to put them. I even made my own patterned paper using stamps because I couldn't find anything in my stash that seemed right.
AaaaaaaHHH!!!!!!!

Sigh.

Can someone please find my mojo and return it to me?

Added later: I haven't totally found my mojo but I did force myself to finish the LO. Here it is:

I'm still not sure if I'm totally happy with it but ... it's done and I think at this point that is what matters. I can move on! 




One little note, the white glittery star above (and the larger one on the opposite page with the 7 on it) were part of the "stage". I thought it would be fun to use them on the layout. And I like the pop of white.

5. And now for something completely different.

Greg and I are looking forward to enjoying a night out tomorrow. It's our PAC dance and we are taking advantage of the free babysitters (thank you Grandma and Grandpa!!) to also go out for dinner. Yay!
I'll let you know how things go.

Well, that's all for now. I just read over this post and it is very low-energy, isn't it? I guess that's how I'm feeling these days. Winter is just sticking around too long. (Stupid ground hog got it SOOO wrong!) Even though we are not buried under feet of snow like other parts of the province, it's been darn cold lately. And rainy. And windy. The type of weather that makes you want to curl up in front of the fire with a good book.
Or maybe I just need some chocolate.

Mmmmm ..... chocolate ...

Okay, gotta run now! LOL!
Have a great weekend everyone!



1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, Alison, your layout is really stunning!!! Seriously, I would never have known you had trouble with it if you hadn't said so! And the photos you have of the girls this week are so cute! It's nice to see them get so excited about simple things, isn't it? I didn't know you are from PG! I lived there for almost three years and met a bunch of locals, we probably know some of the same people - I'll email you a list, haha! There's till a ton of snow here, and I don't think it's going anywhere. Only one thing to do - embrace it and go skiing! Hope you have a great date, sounds like fun! Hugs, Roxy.

    ReplyDelete