Pages

Shabby blogs background

Friday, May 20, 2011

5 on Friday - May 20th

I can't believe it's Friday again already. Greg and I have been back for a week, yet it feels like longer! The time away from the kids was wonderful. I missed them like crazy, and it was very strange to be apart from them on Mother's Day, but the feeling of renewed parenting energy I had when I first got back (which is all too quickly being replaced by parenting fatigue ... sigh) was worth every moment away.

1. To finish up our trip journal here are a couple pictures of our last night and our arrival into Vancouver.

We arranged to have dinner with my friend Bonnie and her husband Darryl. It was a fun way to spend our last evening on board!
Here are Greg and I. 

The next morning I got up before 6:00AM so I could take picures of our arrival. Here are some of the best (IMHO!!)

This is us entering Burrard Inlet. How gorgeous is that view?!
We truly live in the most beautiful city in the whole world! 
Approaching the Lions Gate Bridge. On the right is Stanley Park. On the left, North Vancouver.

Going under the bridge.

Downtown Vancouver. After leaving the industrial wastelands of Long Beach in LA - coming into Vancouver's cruise ship terminal I was full of pride for how beautiful it is.

Oh, and here are 2 of the 3 other cruise ships docking that morning. It was a WEE bit busy in the terminal!

Only Marley and LC would put on and pose in the outfits I bought for them in Chinatown in San Francisco. Paige was being ... well ... Paige!

2. True Scrap

 In April I took part in an online Scrapbook Retreat called True Scrap put on by Lain Ehman of Layout a Day fame. One of the virtual make and takes was a mini album using mini calendar cards. I didn't have the exact cards but decided to have a go at making my own. It worked and here is what I made - I decided to make it for my Mother-in-Law as a birthday/Mother's Day present.














Supplies used: cardstock from my stash (sorry can't remember the manufacturer now), Sassafrass Lass patterned papers from their Nerdy Bird and Cherry Delicious 8x8 paper pads, Sassafrass Lass layered blossoms, buttons from my stash, tags cut out on my Cricut, various border bunches and shape punches, ribbons and inks.

Okay, sorry to do this to you but we have to hit the road. We are heading to Vernon for a wedding and I will have to finish the commentary on this post when we come back. Have a great weekend everyone!

We are back from Vernon and I decided that the pictures didn't really need to have commentary added but I did add a supply list (such as it is). Oh, and the hand prints on the back are my girls'. The red one is Marley's, the purple one is Paige's and the yellow one is LC's. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment