Pages

Shabby blogs background

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Project 12 - April 2011

** This is my second post of the day. Scroll down to see the second half of my 5 on Friday list from last week.**

Ah, Project 12 ... I confess to forgetting about you a tiny bit!
Last year the deadline for entry submissions was the 20th of the month and this year it is the 28th. Somehow the later deadline translates in my brain to "you've got PILES of time to get it done, don't worry about doing it early?!" Then I find myself remembering - usually around the 20th - and I panic to get it organized, scrapped and submitted. Sigh.

So here we are. May 25th and I am finally getting around to submitting my layout for April. This is one of the ones I scrapped on Monday. Monday was a holiday here (Victoria Day - gotta love those long gone monarchs that allow us a day off work!) so I decided to pretty much ignore the family and get my scrap on!

This is the sketch we were given.


And this is my take on it.

I stuck pretty close to the sketch. I LOVED that it had so many pictures!! You know how hard I find it to narrow down which pictures I want to use!!
April around our house generally finds us in party mode for most of the month. Paige's birthday is right in the middle of April and depending on when it falls, her birthday is very closely after or very closely followed by Easter. This year Easter was a week after and we also managed to squeeze in her birthday party too so it was a busy second half of the month!
Anyway, here are close ups of each side of the layout.



And one of the butterfly detail. 
Supplies: kraft cardstock, Basic Grey (Olivia) patterned papers, MS punch around the page butterfly punch, butterflies are made of some Bella Blvd paper (the striped one), some Piggy Tales paper and some teal cardstock - all from my scraps drawer, the ribbon is from my stash, EKSuccess border punch, I can't remember who the bling is by but I found it at Micheal's and the alpha's are Making Memories Shimmer alpha's in black.

Thanks for tuning in. I've got some LOAD layouts to share with you on Friday. Right now I've got more pages to scrap and a very special project to start that I can't tell you about just yet. It's top secret!

2 comments:

  1. ADORABLE APRIL! Great photos, great colors! Lovely layout!
    I think I suffer from the same issue with the extension this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day! Your daughter looks just like my neice! I LOVE that great big 5. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete