Pages

Shabby blogs background

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Apron Strings Day 9

The challenge was: use your oldest kit, combined with a new style. Today's look is Shabby Chic - so look for your oldest Shabby Chic kit (or papers and embellies if you don't have kits), to create a new to you Shabby Chic layout. What is Shabby Chic? Worn and weathered, with a touch of that romance to it. Think torn, crinkled, inked, lace, velvet, muted tones, fabric embellishments.
This was a real challenge for me as Shabby Chic is NOT my style at all. But I stretched and yanked and groaned and finally came up with this.

I originally tried to scrap some of Paige's baby pics but given the romantic feel of Shabby Chic, it wasn't working. So I went hunting for pictures that would work and found these. Obviously the two on the outside are from our wedding, the one in the middle was taken the following spring - all BK (before kids). See how young and happy we look! LOL!!

I scrunched and sewed and glued and finally got something resembling a flower.

These hearts were originally white but I sprayed them with 3 different colours and now they're lovely and distressed.

Products used: papers are from my stash and I really can't remember the manufacturer any more - sorry; MS white dimensional heart stickers; Mists - Tattered Angels Arctiv Blue, Tsukineko Walnut Ink, and Studio Calico's Mister Huey in Calico Cream; Lush chipboard alpha stickers in black; Making Memories buttons; fabric - K&Company.

1 comment:

  1. I think you not only did a great job stepping off the page, but getting the look of shabby. And your "BK" had me laughing out loud; yep, young, carefree, stressfree. . .free. LOL

    ReplyDelete