Pages

Shabby blogs background

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Project 12 - June 2011

2nd post today - please scroll down for my OLW Catch Up post!

I'm sure Greg is not so impressed with how much time I've been spending in my scrap room of late but I am! I have been churning out a huge amount of layouts this month (8 so far - two of those are double pagers too!) At this rate I'll be finished Paige's baby album by the end of the summer! Yay!

So my latest completed layout is my June installment for Project 12. First though, here was the sketch we were given to use.


And here is my layout.

I stuck to the sketch pretty closely this month. I was testing myself to see if I could! And I can ... sort of. I did add one tiny extra picture - of Greg since Father's Day was last month!

Here's the left hand side ...

... and the right hand side.

There's that little additional picture I was talking about. Greg is even making a goofy face in it which is why I really wanted to add it. I think the girls are going to love these shots of their parents acting silly when they look back at these albums in years to come.

I had a ton of fun creating the embellishments this month too. I've been consciously working on my embellishing. I love seeing groupings of embellishments on others layouts so I've been adding them to my own. This banner (made out of the end bits of the bottom border) turned out even better than I'd imagined!

All right, that's it. Thanks for checking it out. Leave some love, become a follower, ... you never know, I may decide to send some love your way!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Alison, just got caught up with your posts last night on my hubby's phone. Wow, you've been busy!!! I'm just working on my P12 layout, too, hopefully I can get it posted before the deadline! Anyway, really liking what you've done lately, especially your OLW project with the little canvasses - AWESOME! Hugs, Roxy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how those little banners turned out! Good for your completing P12 so early!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been so busy! Great work! Lovely P12 page, fun colors, great feel of the early Summer-y season

    ReplyDelete