Pages

Shabby blogs background

Monday, July 4, 2011

Scrappy Endeavours

Just a quick post to show you some of my recent projects.

First up is another layout about Easter 2006. I posted one already (here) which I will probably put into an album for Marley eventually, but I wanted to do one for Paige's baby album too. She was only a day old so not exactly clued into what was going on but ... she WAS there! LOL!


She was definitely more interested in her fingers and nursing than the chocolate eggs that were being consumed by her big sister and her cousins!!

During our garage sale a few weeks ago, our neighbour brought over a huge pack of punches to sell. Well, Marley just about fell over when she saw them and rushed up to get the $2 needed! I used the little feet and bunny punches on the bottom of the journalling spot and then used the bunnies to embellish my butterflies here.

I blinged up the pink butterflies up by the title and then also added some tiny ones to this strip.

Supplies used: creamy cardstock base was just purchased from Clipper Street and (although you can't see it) has a lovely natural looking fleck throughout; brown and pink cardstock is from my stash; patterned paper is Bella Blvd, Basic Grey and Best Creations; Butterfly and boder punches are Martha Stewart; Rhinestones are Recollections; and the title is cut on my Cricut using George Basics.

And now for something a bit different.
I signed up for MotherLOAD with Lain Ehmann offered through Big Picture Classes. Greg thinks I'm nuts and that I won't have time 'cus I'm supposed to be looking for work. But ... there's always time to scrap, right? LOL!
Week One's assignment was two-fold. First we were to make a layout about why we scrap and then we were to take a picture of our scrap space. I went for a pictureless layout this time. I think I have seen a layout like this before but can't remember where or who did it. Sorry if I'm not giving credit where credit is due! If someone recognizes this please let me know and I'll add the shout out!

My reasons:
It is music for my soul.
It's F-U-N!
I love my scrapping friends.
It's ME time.
I love the solitary process - picking the paper, choosing the photos, writing the story.
I love the thought of leaving "footprints in the sand" for when I'm gone.
It allows me to get messy and be creative.
I am in total control - over this anyway!
I love the paper. Hello. My name is Alison and I'm a Paperholic!
I'm preserving my family's memories.

Supplies used: cardstock - 81/2 x 11" Recollections in cream; patterned papers are mostly Basic Grey, the music notes is from my stash and the sand dollar/footprints paper is from a Spring Break stack; journalling and title work is all marker.

And now for my scrap space. Hmmm .... I probably should have attempted to tidy it up but I was hoping to do this quickly and taking the time to clean the space would have taken WAY too long. Like, all summer!!! So here it is ... in all it's messy glory!
I use my drafting table as a work table and have various drawers, shelves, baskets, etc, etc, etc for "stuff" storage!

Yep. I have too much stuff!

This book shelf is a third scrapping stuff and 2/3 old school books, assignments and magazines (Interior Design inspiration stufff).

The shelf is a bit too high for accessing everyday so I use it mostly as display space. (Although, there are a few items up there that were put there until another suitable spot could be found and have now decided to stay indefinitely! LOL!) The bar and hanging containers are from IKEA and hold my pens, extra ribbon, edging scissors, etc. Love them and could do with more for buttons and stuff. The corkboard beneath was one I covered with some pretty fabric I had laying around. Too bad it's mostly hidden by all the crap in front of it!!
Clutter tends to rule my life. Despite efforts to cull, organize and clean, it creeps back into all facets of my life.

You may be wondering where my Cricut is?

It's in the dining room as there is no space in here for it ... right now.
... maybe one day ...


Okay, off to upload these to the MotherLOAD gallery. Happy 4th of July to my American friends. We're actually currently watching the fireworks displays from Boston and New York. Gotta love being able to pick up Eastern broadcasts!!



No comments:

Post a Comment