Pages

Shabby blogs background

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Project 12 - November 2011

After all the Christmas product I've been working with all month it was a little strange to print off pictures from November and play with Fall colours and leaves. Strange, but fun! I used my Stampin' Up! Falling Leaves stamp set and this fun technique called rocking where you can blend ink colours onto your image just by how you rock the stamp around in the stamp pad. Anyway, onto my layout.

This was the sketch we were given,

I knew as soon as I saw this sketch that I was going to have fun with it. It sort of enables my addiction of piling on the photos, doesn't it? :)

Here's my take.

When I went back to look at my picture files from November I had PILES (pun intended) of the girls playing in the leaves, and not much else. There were a few taken from the girls' Remembrance Day assembly, which didn't seem to fit, and some of Paige's ballet class (Parent Observation Day) and then some of Greg's mustache. I'm thinking not much else happened!! Actually, I was trying to do lots of Stampin' Up! stuff so a lot of other things fell through the cracks.

This is the left hand side.

All the stitching is faux - done with my journalling pen. I also added it to each patterned paper square and the tags. It helps anchor everything and give it that finishing touch.

And the right hand side.


This morning, as I was about to take pictures of this layout, I decided it still needed something. So I added the vanilla ink around the edge of the brown card stock. NOW it's done!

Here are some close ups of the leaf and bling embellishments.




Okay, off to post it at Scrapbook and Cards today as well as Davinie's site. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Love the stamping and your faux stitching! Greg's mo is awesome!!! I haven't even touched November's pics yet! Actually I looked back at my saved photos, and there's not many good ones, sad to say! Well, I'm about to take a break from DD so maybe that will be my next one to tackle. Hugs, Rox.

    ReplyDelete