Pages

Shabby blogs background

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Challenge layout

I haven't been showing you too many of my LOAD212 layouts but as this one is for several different challenges I figured I'd do a post on it.

Lain's prompt today was "So You Say it's Your Birthday" (and it really is Lain's birthday - hope it's a good one!!) which for some reason made me think of some of the cakes I've made for the girls over the years. I used this sketch from Elle's Studio Sketch Thursday challenge ...


... and came up with this.


This also has components on it for a couple of the Apron Strings Birthday month challenges - namely Day #9 (create a layout in less than an hour - this took me 53 minutes) and Day #11 (create a floral embellishment.)


Here is a close up of some of those floral embellishments. I used my Big Shot and the Fun Flowers die from Stampin' Up! The title was a last minute "aha!" moment. I was looking for a large 6 in all my letter stickers. When I saw the @ symbol the title just came together!


All the patterned papers are from American Crafts Celebration line and I love how this one has this embossed pattern of fabric swags or bunting. Seemed perfect for a party layout but a little goes a long way! To finish the grouping I added some more scraps and another flower.


Here's the third layered flower that I made.

Thanks for looking! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Super cute, Alison, love the stuff up in the top corner there, and your cake is incredible! Where were you when I needed your skills for my cupcakes? Oh yeah, lower mainland, riiiight! Love the flowers and title too! Hugs, Rox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! Nice combination of challenges. I never think to do that when I've got multiple deadlines on my plate.

    ReplyDelete