Pages

Shabby blogs background

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Last Disneyland Post

Almost finished recapping our trip ... grab a cup o' something and get comfy for this PHOTO HEAVY post.

Thursday May 10, 2012:

It was Greg's Birthday (42 ... shh, don't tell!) so I made him get a Birthday Button from City Hall and all day long people were wishing him Happy Birthday. It was awesome!

Grandma and Grandpa missed the bus so while we were waiting for them we got more autographs in the main square from Donald and Daisy Duck.

Alice and the Mad Hatter were there too but for some reason we didn't get their autographs. Weird.

This day was our last day at the park so we made it a "Greatest Hits Day".

First off were the Tea Cups - I rode in the "fast one" with Marley and Paige while Grandpa took Christine in the "slow one".

Then Autopia. Greg drove with Paige and Christine ...


... while I had the dubious pleasure of riding with Marley.

This is pretty much how I looked for the whole ride!! Let's just say, she's got a lot to learn before I let her get a real license!!

Then it was time for a little Jedi Training academy. None of the girls wanted to participate (or even watch really) so this was mainly for Greg's (and my) enjoyment!

Darth Vadar and Darth Mol (not pictured here) made their appearance with a couple of Storm Troopers but the Younglings defeated them! Phew!
LOL!

It was about 11am when the Jedi show ended so we headed to Fantasy Land to make good on a promise to Paige to see Rapunzel. Only the line up was already 90 minutes long when we got there so we decided to do more rides and check back later.

On our way to Splash Mountain we ran into Winnie the Pooh. Christine was asleep (see below) and Marley was saving pages in her book for Rapunzel so only Paige got his autograph.

Aww!

While Christine slept, Greg took the other two girls on Splash Mountain while I got fast passes for later and then waited to capture this.

We went back to Rapunzel's line which was only 45 minutes at this point so I held our spots and Greg took the girls to see Snow White and the Evil Queen.

Finally!! Rapunzel and Flynn!! The little girl in front of us in line had hair below her bum!! No joke! She and Rapunzel had a LOT to talk about!!

Then after lunch we used our fast passes ... with Grandma. Apparently Greg was a little tuckered out by this point. LOL!!

I snapped this as we were walking towards Big thunder. For the most part, the 3 girls looked out for each other! So sweet!

Riding Big Thunder.

Then we skedaddled over to California Adventure to catch the Fineas and Ferb Live Dance Party Show.

Marley and Paige enjoyed dancing with the characters but Christine got a bit overwhelmed so I eventually had to rescue her. 

Then we did the Grizzly River Raft ride again.


Greg lost the "who will get the wettest" contest!!

Since it was his birthday, we went to his choice of restaurant which was The Crab Shack. Greg and I both got Crab feasts (I had lobster too! yum!) and even Marley got into the spirit with a kids crab legs feast! Love that she is getting more adventurous as she gets older!

Well, there you have it. Our trip to Disneyland.
As I'm sure you can tell from the pictures, we had a lot of fun! It truly was a trip to remember! I was expecting to be exhausted when I got back and while I was tired every night there, when we returned I was strangely energized. So much so that the garage sale the morning after we got back which morphed into a block party that we reluctantly left to attend a surprise 40th birthday party, didn't seem too tiring or overwhelming. 

Anyway, it's back to reality now. School. Field hockey. Swimming lessons. Ballet. Gymnastics. All the usual routines! This long weekend is appreciated. We finally checked out the new Super IKEA in Richmond yesterday (REALLY need to win the lotto or something!) Today was swimming lessons and clean up time. And serious potty training for Christine. Some success, some accidents. Sigh. Wish us luck!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, I missed this one!!! I love all your photos, looks like sooooo much fun! I loved Thunder Mountain, one of my all-time faves! Did you guys go on Space Mountain? That's my other fave! I didn't know Richmond got an IKEA - craziness! Definitely need to make my way there this summer, although it might help if I had my own house to buy stuff for - or money come to think of it, heehee! So now the question is - what are you going to do with your pictures? Scrap or smash, or maybe a mini album? Can't wait to see, hugs, Roxy.

    ReplyDelete