Pages

Shabby blogs background

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Continuing with Disney

I realized I had several assignments due today for various scrapping commitments but before I got to them (sorry, can't show you them yet) I wanted to finish off the Paige and Pooh Bear story. On Tuesday I shared two pages with you and mentioned I had more pictures and another story I still wanted to tell. Here it is.

I've been wanting to try out scrapping in these divided page protectors for awhile and I've got to say, I really like them. What a fun and easy way to add a ton of pictures while still allowing your creative juices to flow!
Anyway, here the story is about Paige overcoming her fears of mascots and people in full body costumes. This trip would not have been possible if Paige had been her old scared self! As I said in the post on Tuesday, Christine was fast asleep and Marley uninterested in getting Pooh's autograph so it was just Paige and Pooh Bear. She did awesome and I am so glad I had a ton of pictures of the event and could properly celebrate this developmental milestone in my scrap book pages!!

Speaking of which ... here is the layout side by side with the first of the Pooh Bear pages - this gives you an idea of how it will look in the album. 

And some close ups - sorry about the glare. It's next to impossible to take a picture of something in the page protector without getting glare!

There's the Mickey bling again! :)

I wanted to make sure this page looked like it belonged next to the other one so I tried to use similar colours. I didn't have anymore of the Pooh Bear paper or the yellow striped Echo Park but when I found this yellow hexagon (an older Echo Park) I knew it was serendipity! Honeycombs for a honey loving bear?! Are you kidding me? How perfect!

The back side of the paper has these cute bees on it plus it's blue which ties back to the slight bits of blue in the original pages. To further tie everything together I introduced papers seen in the other pages as well as design elements like the border punch and the alphabet stickers, washi tape, flowers, bling, etc.

Here is the back side of the divided page which has the continuation of the story on it. I basically just put an arrow at the bottom of my journaling on the one side (see above) and an arrow at the top of this page and kept writing!


And this is how it will look in the album next to the second of the original Pooh Bear pages (the one about Christine sleeping through the whole thing!)


I used Elle's Studio journaling tags for all the journaling on these two pages. Love this one with the doily image on a yellow chevron!

Another tying element are these word stickers (I used "Celebrate" in the title on the other side). With another Elle's Studio tag, it creates a nice little addition to the photo and the story.

Well, there you have it. What do you think? Do you use divided pages in your scrapbook albums? I'd love to see how you've used them if you can leave a link in the comments section I'll come check them out. 
Thanks for stopping by today. I'll try to get another family update posted tomorrow but if not, have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment