Pages

Shabby blogs background

Monday, November 5, 2012

LGS Reveal Day - November Week One

It's Monday which means there is a new sketch over at Let's Get Sketchy! Please be sure to pop over there and see all the inspiration that Team A has come up with this week.

Here is the sketch we are working with.


And here's what I came up with.

I interpreted the blocks of patterned paper behind the photo as paint - that's what happens when you attempt to create in a dimly lit room and can barely see the sketch you're supposed to be using! But, I really like it so ... happy accident then!

This is a picture of Marley's first visit to see a real mall Santa. I found it while organizing my scrap room in the summer and this sketch seemed like the perfect one for it. She had no clue what was going on but in true Marley fashion she took it all in stride and has been insisting on seeing Santa every year since!

I added some Mister Huey Opaque White splatters to complement the painted block.

And then I journalled in a white pen to keep things all the same.

I was wondering what to call it and had a sheet of random words I'd created from leftover letter stickers. One of those words was CHILL which I added to to make CHILLIN because that's what she seems to be doing in the photo. Just hanging out and taking it all in!

Well, thanks for stopping by today. Remember to pop over to the Let's Get Sketchy blog to see all the wonderful layouts the Design Team has created for your inspiration. It's a new month which means there will be a new prize so I hope to see some of you entering layouts into the challenges! Good luck to all!!

Oh, and before I forget, join us this weekend for Let's Get Sketchy's first blog hop! Things get going on Friday November 9th and there are going to be lots of challenges to enter and prizes to win so I hope to see you all! I may even have an RAK to give away ... haven't decided yet!! 
See you then!!


4 comments:

  1. Soooo cute! I adore that photo! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the painting! The colors and the white journaling are gorgoues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the white and red combination!

    Kathleen
    Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
    http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the paint. It works perfectly on this!

    ReplyDelete