Pages

Shabby blogs background

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Computer Catastrophe!

I just wanted to post really quickly to say that my laptop has died. Can I have a moment of silence please?

...

I took it in today and preliminary diagnostics indicate it's either the motherboard or the hard drive. The good news is that it is still under warranty (bought the 2-year warranty plan - phew!) The bad news is it may take a couple weeks to get it back. So ... my December Daily has been put on hold for now. If I can get decent pictures uploaded and printed from Greg's computer then I may continue from today onward, but I had not printed off anything from Days 4 - 12 so those days will have to wait until I get my laptop back. Looks like I'll be playing catch up in January!

Sorry to all of you looking forward to more pages from me. Thanks for your kind comments on what little I have been able to do this month. My schedule is so crazy that I really have not been able to much crafting of any kind which is driving me nuts! Working in retail means I'm getting lots of shifts (yay, money!) but not a lot of down time. :(

That's all for now. Wish me luck! I am REALLY hoping my data has not been lost!! Despite recent reminders from on-line friends I had not done a recent back up! Yikes!

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain! We just went through this a couple of weeks ago! Luckily we were able to recover everything. I'm lucky because I hadn't backed up my data for over a month. I hope you get your data back as well! It's a hard lesson to learn. For me, it was a real "duh" moment, because a couple of years ago, I lost three months worth of photos because our computer crashed & I had the photos on the desktop! Arrgh! Best wishes Alison!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, don't ya just hate computers? They're kind of like men, can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em. Well, if it makes you feel any better, I backed my car into the tow truck that pulled me out of the ditch. Yep, not a good day for Roxy. I'm going out to take a picture of the damage right now, maybe I'll be able to laugh about it one day...

    ReplyDelete