Pages

Shabby blogs background

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Practical Scrappers Holiday Sketch #2

Wow! Two posts in two days! What's going on? LOL!

Over on the Practical Scrappers blog today you can see what some of our designers did with this sketch.


Here's mine.


Since my computer is in the shop with more recent photos trapped inside it, I went with what I had in my "printed to be scrapped" drawer. These are photos from Marley's first Christmas - I look so young!! We were having a Christmas celebration with my brother and his family and took Marley and my nephew Matthew to see the lights at Van Dusen's Gardens. I had fun mixing Christmas papers and tags with non Christmas papers on this layout. Digging deep into your stash can be so rewarding sometimes!! In fact, it has prompted me to come up with a totally crazy idea that I'll share with you soon!

Here are some close up shots of the details.

Layers and layers of tags by Teresa Collins and Echo Park.

Like my lights? I used my Holiday Ornaments Framelits by Stampin' Up! to create them. 


I liked how these Basic Grey letter stickers matched the old Basic Grey papers I found in my stash. The addition of  a simple pen outline makes them pop off the page.

Well, thanks for coming by today. In case you are wondering what is happening with my December Daily ... the short answer is nothing. I found it completely impossible to keep up with this year and have packed it away to try and finish in the new year. Between my work schedule I either wasn't around to record what was going on or I was too tired to attempt to make pages even when I DID have both the story and the photos. So, the lessons I have learned here is that next year I will prep WAY more, make it simpler and probably go to a December Recap book instead of feeling the need to record every day. As much as I'd like to say we have something worth recording every day of the month, the truth is we don't. I think one spread of our normal routine is more than enough!

I am rambling so will sign off now. Have a great weekend everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment