Pages

Shabby blogs background

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Altered Candy Tins for Practical Scrappers

Today on the Practical Scrappers Blog we are sharing some of our altered items with you. Last April I made this to hold all my Stampin' Write markers.

I used an empty Poppy Cock tin and some of my Stampin' Up! supplies. I'm not sure why, but it never made it to my SU blog. Oh well, you are seeing it now! When the call came down for some altered items I was immediately reminded of this tin and I set out to make more.

Here they are in progress. As I was reorganizing my scrap supplies I recognized the need for better storage solutions for some of my supplies. Washi tape being one of them. I love that I can now take this tin to my desk or the dining room table or put the lid on it (the lids for all these containers are on the bottom in case I need them) and take it to a crop. One other thing that I find I collect a lot of but forget to use because they get buried, are extra shapes I've punched. The tin above labelled 'embellishments' is where the majority of these will go now.

Here's a look at my process.


I took the Almond Roca tin above  and covered it with a piece of scrap paper.

Then I punched some borders and attached them, layering some washi tape on top and a row of washi around the bottom too.
The addition of a pre-cut, pre-sticky fabric flower (found in my 'embellishments' tin!) and some alphabet stickers and I've now got a handy place to put all my extra flower embellishments. I seem to collect a lot of flowers!


Here they are all finished. I've now got handy places for my extra chipboard pieces, washi tape, embellishments, markers and flowers.

See? 

Thanks for stopping by today. How do you store your extra bits? I'd love to hear about them in the comments section.


No comments:

Post a Comment