Pages

Shabby blogs background

Saturday, February 16, 2013

S.W.A.T Drill #2

Time for our second Drill over at SWAT and this time we have a sketch for you to try. What do you think you can do with this beauty?



I turned it on it's side to make it work with the photos I'd chosen and came up with this.

Fun, huh?
The back ground patterned paper is from Teresa Collins' Spring Fling line (which I received as part of a blog hop prize from Sheila ages ago.) I have been using a lot of the papers when scrapping our recent trip to Puerto Vallarta as the colours are so perfectly tropical!

About the subject matter: I know my toes are not exactly the most photogenic part of my body but I really wanted to capture how relaxing this trip was for all of us. This view seemed to sum it up. Kids pool, palm trees, blue skies and lounge chairs. 'Nuff said, right?!

Here are some detail shots.
Every now and then a layout needs a long title. Thankfully I've got approximately a million alphabet stickers to help me with that! I also had fun finding word stickers in colours and phrases that would work (I've maybe got only a half million of those! Hee, hee!!)

My journaling.

The flower and scalloped circle die cuts are also from the Spring Fling line - the brad is an old Basic Grey one from my stash.

I really felt like the page needed even more texture so I grabbed my Stampin' Up Linen Thread and started wrapping.

I showed the layout to Marley at a point that I was happy with and she said it needed misting. I can't remember what colour she suggested but I knew it wasn't right for this layout. Some Mister Huey Opaque White though? Yes, please!! I think I may have a scrapper in the making!!

You may be wondering what happened to the circular element from the sketch. Well, I had originally placed a sun shaped die cut on the page (an old Little Yellow Bicycle one) and while I loved that it supported my story, the colour was too glaringly off from the rest of the layout. So what's a girl to do? Trace around it with brown ink!! Problem solved!

The last picture I have for you today is a picture of what you can win if you play along with this weeks drill.  Check out these goodies! Worth playing for? I think so!!
You've got until February 25th to link up your entry to be eligible to win this prize. And don't forget about Drill #1. We are still taking entries for the All About You challenge and there's a pretty sweet prize for that one too. So, get moving Scrapper! 


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous products! I love what you did with the sketch! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that you turned the sketch. Your page is beautiful. I shared your post as my featured "Today's Scrapbook Wonder" today. You can see it here:
    http://www.facebook.com/ScrapbookWonderland/posts/461403607263447

    Thanks for the inspiration!
    Alice.
    ScrapbookWonderland.com

    ReplyDelete